Included in our service:
The fixed price furniture/car interior repair fee covers you against the cost of the service, engineer’s call out and evaluation:
- Parts, as required
- A repair to resolve the fault entered in the “Description of Fault” box on your original quotation form
Not covered by our service:
- Furniture in commercial premises
- Repairs as a result of misuse, negligence or poor maintenance
- Repairs to goods that have not been maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Furniture/car interiors that differ from the details used to obtain the quote, including the age of the furniture/car interior
In the above instances, if our service technician is called out, we will cancel the repair and a call out/administration charge of £55.00 will be applied.
Your Fixed Price Repair Appointment:
- On completion of your quotation and acceptance of our terms and conditions, you are entering a contact with Mobile Leather Repairs.
- You will receive an email or telephone call on the number provided with the agreed repair date. We will advise time allocations the working day prior to the appointment.
- Our approved service engineer will call out on the agreed date and carry out the repair to your furniture/car interior. If any extra part(s) are required, the service engineer will advise you of the costs of the parts required.
- If the parts required are in stock, they will be delivered to the engineer within 14 working days of the order being placed unless otherwise stated. If the part(s) are not in stock we will arrange to obtain the part(s) from our suppliers and will keep you informed of progress (normally via phone). As soon as the part(s) are available, our service engineer will contact you to arrange a new appointment date to complete the repair. It should be noted that there are a handful of manufacturers whose parts are not easily sourced and in some cases these have to be obtained from abroad, which will result in a delay in completing the repair.
- All repairs will require full and easy access to the furniture/car interior. If your furniture/car interior cannot be easily accessed to facilitate the repair, we reserve the right to abort the repair. In such instances we will charge a fixed fee call out/administration charge of £55.00.
- Parking that gives reasonable access to your property must be provided for the engineer. If the parking is pay and display or permit controlled, it is your responsibility to arrange for the engineer to park free of charge for the duration of his visit.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure they are home for their agreed appointment. Failure to be home will result in a £55.00 no reply fee.
Changing or Cancelling Your Appointment:
- You may change or cancel your appointment date at any time up to 16:00 on the day before the original agreed call out date. If you wish to change or cancel your appointment, please call our Customer Services Department.
- If you cancel the fixed price repair at any time after 16:00 on the day before the agreed appointment date, you will be charged a call out/administration charge of £55.00 unless the given time slot cannot be met.
- If our approved service engineer cannot gain access to the furniture/car interior on the agreed appointment date, you will be charged a call out/administration fee of £55.00.
- If we (or our approved service engineer) have to change or cancel your selected appointment date and any alternative date offered is unacceptable to you, we will give you the opportunity to cancel the appointment.
- If you wish to cancel whilst your repair is in progress, (for example, the engineer has visited and you no longer wish to proceed) there will be a call out/administration charge of £55.00, provided no parts have been fitted. If parts have been fitted, you will be liable for the parts supplied.
- Your right to cancel may be exercised in writing or in another durable medium by contacting us. For ways to contact us please see the CONTACT US page.
If We Cannot Repair Your Furniture:
In a few instances, the required part(s) may not be readily available from our suppliers and may have extended lead times where they require sourcing from abroad.
- If after a period of 16 weeks, beginning from the first call out, the required part(s) is/are still outstanding and the furniture is inoperable, either party has the right to cancel the fixed price repair.
- We reserve the right to cancel a fixed price repair if on evaluation or during the repair:
- If the information regarding the repair is incorrect
- If the repairs reach a greater extent than originally quoted
- In both instances, we will charge paid less a call out/administration charge of £55.00.
- The fixed price repair is guaranteed to cover the initial fault for 30 days from the date the repair is completed unless otherwise stated.
- This covers workmanship-related faults only and excludes body perspiration and customer-related damages.
- If your repair fails with the same fault as detailed in your initial repair, we will arrange to send the original service provider back to you at a mutually convenient time at no extra cost. In the event of the fault re-occurring during the guarantee period, please call our Customer Services Department.
- If we have arranged for an engineer to re-visit but you subsequently wish to cancel, you may do so up to 16:00 on the day before the agreed call out date. If you wish to cancel after this time or during the repair, you will be charged a call out/administration fee of £55.00. Calls made directly to the engineer to request a re-visit are not covered under this guarantee.
- This guarantee does not cover any subsequent unrelated breakdown/fault(s) to the repair. If you request an engineer re-visit and an alternative fault is found and you wish to continue with the repair, you will be given the option to purchase an additional repair at the original rate. You will be charged a call out/administration fee of £55.00.
- The guarantee becomes invalid if the furniture/car interior is not used and maintained in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Leather repairs and colour restorations must be left for 72 hours for the repair products to fully cure. Failure to adhere to the correct drying times may result in your repairs failing.
If you are a repair company, furniture manufacturer, supplier or other business relying on Mobile Leather Repairs to provide leather repair services on your behalf, please note:
- All warranties on our work are with your business, not with your client for whom the repair was undertaken, and will be included in our contract with your business.
- If your client should contact us regarding warranties/guarantees on work we provided on your behalf, we will refer them to you. All warranties express or implied, with your client are the sole responsibility of your business.
The below items are excluded from any warranty of any repair. We do not offer warranties on repairs of the below; there are no exceptions:
- Bonded leather
- Bycast leather
- Previously repaired areas
- Body perspiration
- We aim to repair a wide range of furniture/car interiors, but the manufacturer, model and age will have a major influence on whether we can promptly obtain replacement part(s) and ultimately complete the repair. It should also be noted that once specific furniture is no longer made the manufacturer may only retain replacement parts for a given period.
- We will make every reasonable attempt to ensure that enquiries placed on this website and received by us, are addressed either by Mobile Leather Repairs staff or by associate technicians. We may pass enquiries to associate technicians at any time without notification to the enquirer who may be contacted by the associate technician involved. Any contract for repair will be deemed to be between The Enquirer and the Associate Repair Technician.Mobile Leather Repairs will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from work that may be carried out by third party organisations, associate repair technicians engaged to do such work, or by anyone who uses this web site to place an enquiry with a view to having such work carried out.
- If you have a complaint regarding your fixed price repair, please email us at Customerservice@leatherrepairs.mobi with your Job Number and giving a brief description of your grievance. We will respond within 7 working days.
Write to us at:
Leather RepairsLime WalkLong SuttonSpaldingPE12 9HQ
Use of the Mobile Leather Repairs Website:
Mobile Leather Repairs is a vision of Leather Repairs Copyright Notice © 2015. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained in this website are owned by Mobile Leather Repairs. The website contains trademarks, including the Mobile Leather Repairs name and logo which belongs to Mobile Leather Repairs. You are allowed to use this website and the material contained in this web site (including any trademarks) as set out below:
- Access any part of the website
- Print off one copy of any individual page for your personal use only.
You may not:
- Copy (by printing off onto paper, storing on disc or in any other way), distribute (including distributed copies), alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the web site except as specifically permitted above.
- Copy, distribute or otherwise use any material from the web site for any commercial purpose.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the web site.
Links to External Websites:
The Mobile Leather Repairs website includes links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. Mobile Leather Repairs accepts no responsibility for the content of these web sites.
Mobile Leather Repairs has done its best to ensure the accuracy of the material contained in this website, but makes no express or implied warranties or representations about any of the content of this website. Mobile Leather Repairs accepts no responsibility for loss or damage that may arise from reliance on information or advice contained in this web site and shall not be liable for any typographical or other errors or emissions within the material contained in this web site.All repair works are attempted in good faith and in the hope of success. However, if a repair fails, its employees and franchisees and their employees accept no liability, financial or otherwise, for the success of a repair, the replacement of the damaged item or goods offered for repair or the condition of returned item if a repair has proven unsuccessful. As not all plastic/leather items can be guaranteed to be repaired to 100% strength of the original undamaged item, and the repairer is not familiar with the circumstances of re-installation or the stresses of use to which the repaired item may be subjected, the repairer cannot be held liable for the failure of, or consequential damages and effects incurred from the failure of, a repaired item or goods.
Amending These Terms & Conditions:
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read these terms each time you place a booking. By placing a booking you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
Your personal information will be held and used by Mobile Leather Repairs and selected companies acting on our behalf. We may disclose your information to our service providers/service engineers to undertake the repair to your furniture/car interior and to provide them with relative technical information. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes. We may pass your data to any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider. If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us to market and promote other complimentary products, services and solutions. We, and authorised third parties (if applicable), may contact you by mail, telephone or email.
Governing Law and Statutory Rights:
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you. Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Mobile Leather Repairs is unable to accept cheques or credit cards.